Sunday, November 10, 2013

Sunday November 10th

Today i cooked dinner for my family. Well since my sister is off on winterum, it was just my mom and dad. i got an Indian cookbook to work with for my homework so i decided to make pork vintalu, which is a kind of curry, and some buttery and nutty rice. both of the dishes called for stuff i didn't have so this morning i had to make a run to the super market. When i got back i started to cook.


The curry was actually quite simple. it was just a spicy paste that i put together in the blender with some  pork and coconut milk. Although it was simple it tasted delicious. if i were to make it again though, i would probably add more spice. The rice was also amazing. the process was a lot like how we made the mexican rice during class. the combination of the two was delicious and my parents thought it was outstanding. Im thinking lamb for next week.





No comments:

Post a Comment