Wednesday, November 20, 2013


Today is an exciting day for me. My dad is coming in to cook bread for everyone. He has been making bread for a while now and he wanted to share his skills with everyone. Now bread baking takes some time so he brought in a bunch of dough at different stages in the process so that we could make all the bread from start to finish today. First we made cinnamon buns. These were really fun to make because of all the kneading we did with it. Cinnamon bun dough is very buttery so it felt kind of cool in our hands. At the end of the day we put some of it in the oven for dessert and it all turned out amazing with some lemon glaze on the top. Next we made baguettes. These were much like the cinnamon buns in that we kneaded them for a long time but then we shaped them into baguette form, or I made mine into a heart, and baked them in the oven with a pan of water underneath to make the outsides crispy. The final thing that we did was to make pizza. We do this all of the time at my house but I still tore the first dough that I tried to through up in the air, to the hysterical laughter of my teacher LK. But when I finally made a suitable crust I put on my peperoni and pineapple and made myself an amazing pizza for my lunch that day. Today was really special because my dad was here and I had a lot of fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment