Sunday, November 17, 2013


Today I am cooking dinner for my family. I wanted a surprise so I let my dad pick out of my cookbook what he wanted for dinner. He picked out that I should make pan fried potatoes with a sweet-Tart Tamarind-Date Sauce. This was an appetizer and was amazing. It was basically just fried potatoes with what tasted like a sweet raisin sauce. As bad as that sounds it was actually really good. The next dish that I made was tamarind beef with shallots and mango. This was were I ran into problems. The mangos I had were really kinda iffy and didn’t look that good, so I decided to swap that out for some fresh apricots. It tasted good and I believe it to be an amazing substitution. The final dish I made was saffron rice. This was cool because it was a bit like the rice that I made in class for the Mexican food day but with Indian spices. All in all I think my food came out great and I am very proud of what I accomplished.


No comments:

Post a Comment