Tuesday, November 12, 2013


Today was probably one of my favorite days so far. Probably because we ate two of my favorite foods ever: Pie and sushi. We started the day with Mrs. Kelsh making pies. We were each instructed to bring in a recipe for pie fillings; I of course brought in the recipe to the greatest pie in the world, blueberry pie. We all worked on the fillings first, once everyone was done we all gathered around and Mrs. Kelsh showed us how to make piecrust. These crusts, she claimed, where easy to make as well as fun. For me however, they were quite a challenge. I got the whole mixing part down, but when I went to role out the dough, it would tear and fall apart in my hands, but I eventually got everything how it was supposed to be with a little help from Mrs. Kelsh. 



The second half of the day was devoted to sushi. We went to Karabuki (I have no idea how to spell that), a local sushi restaurant where they gave us a demonstration on how to make sushi. This was amazing because I had made sushi before, but this was how the professionals do it and it was so cool. When we were done with the demonstration we ordered sushi for lunch and chowed down on some delicious creations. I can’t wait to make sushi tomorrow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment